11:55pm
While watching "20/20" just now (I know...a wild Friday night, huh?), I saw a banner at the bottom of the screen: Agreement Reached, No Government Shutdown.
Good thing Period A didn't have the guts to give me odds when I offered them a bet. I would be RICH right now.
I hate to use our blog to brag (actually, no, I don't) but this is news, too. Oh yeah...and I'm the teacher, so I can do whatever I want. In summary, two important points:
1. No shutdown.
2. I win!!!
Where the Young Scholars of Chelsea High School AP Language and Composition fill their brains with important stuff one drippity-drop at a time...hopefully before going completely crazy!
We are in need of more postings. Please watch the news, pick up a newspaper or magazine, and share with your classmates stories that you think are IMPORTANT and have CURRENT RELEVANCE. Not every story on the local news is worth our time. But we don't have to focus just on the big, global stuff either. I want to see more action on this blog! We're all in this together, and it's a true team effort.
You win this one next time...Period A will win!!! :D
ReplyDelete